LoHud Golf Blog High School Power Rankings
1. Scarsdale (12-0): Unless the Raiders get upset between now and the sectional tournament on May 20, they’ll remain No. 1 the rest of the season.
2. White Plains (11-1): The Tigers posted another sub-190 score this week, shooting 189 at Fenway Thursday, host site of the second round of sections.
3. Arlington (10-1): I’m showing the Admirals a lot of love this week, getting a bump from No. 6 last week. The team has what it takes to win the Conference I team championship, it will just be a matter of finishing.
4. Tappan Zee (10-0): The Dutchmen should stay in the top five so long as they keep posting low-200 scores… and winning.
5. Iona Prep (8-1-1): The Gaels dropped a 4-1 match play contest (199-207 aggregate) to Fordham Prep in a battle of two undefeated teams.
6. Rye (10-2): Another team getting some love this week, the Garnets get a bump from No. 8 as they continue to win with low scores.
7. Fox Lane (12-1): The Foxes are still winning, but their scores are climbing, slightly.
8. John Jay (11-3): The Indians are showing signs of consistency as we approach the final weeks of the season.
9. Suffern (8-1): I wanted the Mounties to have a few more matches under their belt before throwing them back into the mix. Now that they have them, they’re worthy of a top-10 spot.
10. Bronxville (9-1): Definitely not the same team from the first half of the season, the Broncos will need to be a little more consistent with other teams starting to find their groove.
Dropped out: Pearl River (8-2).
On the bubble: Rye Neck (10-3), Yorktown (10-4).
Rankings are compiled by Journal News high school golf beat writer Mike Zacchio.
If you’re into trivial pursuits … name the golf course the photo was taken at. Hint, it’s been around for years and years and years.